This recipe is tweaked from various sources using the Fathead pizza dough idea.
Nutrition of Crust:
- Fat ~17g
- Protein ~11g
- Carbs ~6g
- Fiber ~1.6g
- Net Carbs ~5.6
(Links are clickable to Amazon product pages for information or to purchase.)
Ingredients for crust:
• 1 ¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• ¾ cups almond meal (I used “Bob’s Red Mill” let me know if you have a brand you like more! I am always about trying new things!)
• 2 tablespoon cream cheese (full fat! I use Philadelphia, seems to have the lowest carbs)
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon Rosemary
• ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• Pinch of Morton’s Lite Salt
• 1 tablespoon grass fed butter (I use Kerrygold)
Sauce of your choice. The most recent sauces I have tried and like the most so far:
• Red Sauce: Walmart brand Great Value Pizza Sauce (serving size is ¼ cup, 4g carbs 1g fiber)
• White Sauce: Classico White Pizza Sauce (serving size ½ cup 1g carb, 0 fiber)
You can use any you like but pay attention to the carbs!
• Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
• Shredded parmesan cheese
• Feta cheese
• Sliced Onion
• Sliced Green bell pepper and/or sliced red bell pepper
• Sliced mushrooms
• Baby spinach
• Pre-cooked Meat of choice. Be sure it is cooked! The toppings are only in the oven for 5 minutes!
For white pizza sauce, I use chicken. For red sauce I use pepperoni. I may add bacon or beef crumbles to either. I have also left the meat off entirely and made veggie pizza
• Black olives
• Any other pizza topping you enjoy!
• Preheat oven to 425F
• Prepare two pieces parchment paper by spraying a small amount of olive oil on it and spreading it around. Place one of the oiled parchment papers on pizza pan and set aside the other.
• Melt 1 tbs butter and add HALF of garlic powder (1/2 tsp) to it. Set aside.
• In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 ¾ cups shredded mozzarella, ¾ cups almond meal. Mix gently. Add 2 tbs cream cheese to top.
• Place in Microwave for 1 minute.
• Mix well. If you use your hands, I recommend coating them in the olive oil first, this dough gets sticky!
• Place back in microwave for another 30ish seconds.
• Remove from microwave and mix well.
• Add egg, salt, rosemary, ½ tsp garlic powder, cayenne pepper
• Mix well (knead dough) – again be sure hands are oiled!
• Pat dough into a ball and place in the center of oiled parchment paper on pizza pan.
• Place the other oiled parchment paper oil side down on top of pizza dough.
• Gently, using your hands press the dough out into pizza shape to desired thickness. Starting from the center, using finger tips- press outward. Turn the pan, and repeat. Repeat until dough is pressed to desired shape/size/thickness. I like to leave the outer edges a little thicker. Some people prefer thin crust and may want to use a rolling pin. This is ok too.
Remove top parchment paper!
Leave dough on bottom parchment paper, on pan.
• Press fork holes throughout dough so it does not puff up, and cooks evenly.
• Bake on 425F for 12-15 minutes or until brown. For extra crispy crust, you can flip it over and bake a few mins more. (I do not do this)
Remove from oven.
• Brush edges of crust with garlic butter. (can also add grated parm. To the garlic butter)
• Add sauce using a spoon. I do not put a very thick layer of sauce, as it causes the toppings to slide around and makes it soggy. Just a thin layer all over pizza. I do not put sauce on my thicker outer edge of crust.
• Add a layer of spinach
• Add mozzarella to top
• Add a bit of Parmesan
• Add feta/onion/peppers/meats whatever other toppings
• Add a tiny bit of mozzarella to top it off.
• Return to oven for ~5 minutes.